If you are involved in network marketing, you know about Craigslist.
You most likely even tried it, and may not have liked the results you got.
This is why I have put together this post on how to master network marketing sponsoring using craigslist ads, so you can change the way you generate leads on the platform.
But beware, I am going to include a ton of information on how you can use craigslist the right way, so you do in fact generate enough leads to master network marketing and MLM recruiting.
Where To Start When Using Craigslist
The first step in having success with Craigslist in network marketing and MLM, is the ad itself.
We must be sure we create an ad that will pull the best results possible, generate the most leads, and increase our network marketing signups.
So, here is what you need to know about the ad itself, and how to get the highest numbers with Craigslist.
- The Title - The title needs to be catchy, and raise curiosity. Short titles, with the use of HTML is fine. Do not use hype sounding titles, as they will turn off many people. The less you can say to get the basic point across, the better.
- The Body - When you create the body of the ad, you need to explain why your product is in such high demand. You want to avoid talking about the pay plan, and do not talk about all the extra bonuses. Keep it strictly to the point of why your product is in demand, and what is expected to come from it. You need to raise curiosity as much as possible in the body. Remember some people will actually read the content you put in the body.
- The Images - You should include an image in your ad. I wouldn’t include an image of someone holding money, as it looks unprofessional and may attract the wrong mindset. I use an image with a chart on the rising demand of my product along with what is being expected in the near future. Choose your image wisely, or create one yourself.
- Contact Info - Make sure you include on the ad that you can only be contacted through Craigslist. Doing this will prevent massive people spamming you and calling you.
Now when you create that perfect ad, you will want to keep it. Keep the images and the content of the ad.
Test a few different versions of the ad in different cities to see which coverts at the highest rate.
When you have created the ad that pulls in the most leads, you can share it with your new downline to get them running more ads on Craigslist and increase your overall network marketing signups.
Where To Send The Traffic
If you truly wish to get good results with network marketing signups using Craigslist (and I know you do), then you must NOT use your replicated website your company gave you.
Many make the mistake of adding a link to their website, where in no way is a person required to give their information.
This will fail due to the fact that a person will see everything about the company, and sometimes even get the wrong idea of it.
You also have no way of knowing who may of been interested when they visited. If they come back later down the road, the odds they will remember your username in the link is slim to none. Therefore, join directly in the company and you lose the commission.
You MUST use a funnel.
If you do not have one, you can build one or pay someone to build it.
Using a funnel will assure you get a landing page to link from the ad to, where you can create curiosity and capture the lead’s information.
Here is what you need to use on your funnel’s landing page to get the highest result possible:
Include name, email, and phone number.
Make phone number field say “optional”
On your landing page, you need to give a little information for the visitor to become curious.
If the ad you posted on Craigslist did it’s job, the visitor is already sold on putting their information into the fields.
So don’t give too much info on your landing page, just a basic idea of what the visitor will see on the following page.
By sending your Craigslist visitors to the landing page, you begin generating those much needed network marketing leads.
Calling Leads Who Leave Their Phone Number
If you really want to increase your network marketing and MLM sponsoring numbers using Craigslist, then you need to reach out via telephone to those who leave their number.
The reason I mention to use “optional” on the phone field, is for two major reasons.
Those reasons are:
- Many people will not complete a form if they need to leave a number. This allows you to at least get email leads versus no lead.
- If a person does leave their number in an optional field, then they are okay with being called, or hoping to be called. Now you know who is more likely to convert.
You can also use the fact they put their number into an optional form when they visited, so you are just reaching out to see if they had questions. This is a good way to break the ice on a call too.
Which Listing Should I Use?
For network marketing sponsoring on Craigslist, I prefer to use the “job offered” listing.
I use the paid version of this, so my ads are never flagged or removed.
I like to use the “Marketing/Pr/Advertising” and “Sales” sub category listing. Sometimes, running them both in the same city.
You need to be careful with using any free listings, as those can be flagged and cause your account to be shutdown. Plus the paid ads will convert the highest amount of leads if you are using a funnel to link to from the Craigslist ad.
You can experiment with other listings is you wish.
Should I Use Multiple Cities?
I like to hit the major city areas, and even the smaller towns too.
The higher the cost for the listing, the more opt-ins it will most likely create.
I like to keep my ads around the $25 per ad mark, and sometimes include the $35 ones.
Here are some ideas and tips for network marketing recruiting on Craigslist you should know:
- Research the zip code of the city, and select one from a nicer neighborhood and area. Local people will know more about the area then you, so give your listing a better environment if all possible. Search online for the zip codes, and highest cost living zip codes for that city.
- Skip the option to show on map. Since you do not have an address in the city you are advertising in, you don’t want it just locating some random place in that area.
Additional Network Marketing Craigslist Tips
Since we want to get the most for our network marketing sponsoring on Craigslist, here are a few pointers I believe will help you increase the numbers you need.
#1. Space out the content in your ad’s body. Make it easy and fast to read. Do not use cluttered content or one giant paragraph. The reader wants to move fast, so make it broke up into sentences, and fast reading.
#2. Add a “NOTE” below the link in your MLM Craigslist ad. I like to include “NOTE: Any wrong information will result in disqualification” at the bottom of my ad below the link I included. This helps to get more people using real email addresses, and even may be a cause for the high amount of leads giving correct phone numbers on the landing page.
#3. Highlight the tab that okays for disabilities. You may get a higher number of people who can’t invest from it, but you will also get people who can. By including people with disabilities, you will simply get more people opting in to your landing page. There is no reason for someone with a disability to not be able to work in network marketing.
#4. Success loves speed, so be sure once you have the network marketing sponsoring craigslist ad you need, you post it as much as possible in as many places as possible. As more people begin to signup with you, it makes it much easier to reach more through letting your downline use the same ad you have used.
Did This Help?
Did you get value from this post on using Craigslist for network marketing and MLM sponsoring?
If so, be sure to leave a comment below and let me know. Also, feel free to share with any team members who may be open to using Craigslist.
Also, you can get more information on your landing page best practices here, and develop the best possible landing page for converting visitors into leads.
I appreciate all comments, and look forward to hearing your feedback!